This position will provide leadership and management for the enhancement of the Chapter's mass marketed events development plan aligned with the Association strategic plan.To be included are responsibility for the cultivation of corporate and organizational gifts, increasing Walk to End Alzheimer's and The Longest Day reach and revenue to fund the mission of the Association, management of other fund-raising events (galas, auctions, etc.), development of intermediate and major gifts and grant-writing.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide manager level leadership, oversight and implementation of fundraising programs to ensure a diverse revenue stream from corporate sponsorship, other corporate gifts, individual gifts and participant income for all fund-raising events.
- Responsible for achieving current revenue targets and expense budgets for Walk to End Alzheimer's and The Longest Day with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget.
- Develop and follow a comprehensive development plan that includes budgets, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development, marketing/PR and logistics.
- Ensure smooth integration of the National Association best practices, standards and guidelines.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the annual strategic plan for the Chapter.
- Manage corporate relationships to include securing new event sponsors, increasing commitment from existing sponsors, and ensuring benefit fulfillment. Maintain relationships with key corporate sponsors year-round and insure involvement in all relevant activities and recognition opportunities.
- Manage individual relationships to include securing new intermediate and major gifts.
- In coordination with Chapter staff, develop marketing strategies, to include utilization of local media, to promote and increase mass marketed event awareness, visibility, and participation.
- Develop an effective and "cause-dedicated" pool of effective volunteers, including strong chairs to lead all mass marketed event planning and implementation.Â Ensure volunteer committees are recruited, trained and developed on the national timeline and utilizing best practices, resulting in the attainment of income goal and team goals.
- Represent Chapter at public and media events, as well as conferences and workshops.
- Assure compliance with all National Association policies, procedures, standards and applicable regulatory requirements; promote Association-wide programs and initiatives. Ensure proper preparation and timely submission of reports as requested and required.
- Perform those additional duties deemed necessary by the Executive Director to maintain efficient operations in the defined geographical region.
- Bachelor's degree in sales/marketing or related field preferred
- 3-5 years proven experience in professional fundraising, utilizing diversified fundraising programs. Experience with mass marketed events preferred
- Proven success in presentingÂ & closing fundraising requests of individuals and groups to meet fund development goals
- Experience in strategic planning, budget development and management preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail and solid project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Proficiency with Internet and database/fundraising applications, preferably Convio
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and occasional weekends
- Willingness and ability to represent Chapter at meetings and special events
- Ability to travel extensively in chapter territory, as well as occasional overnight travel
- Valid driver's license, proof of vehicle insurance and access to reliable, personal vehicle to meet travel requirements
- Ability to lift up to 40lb